GINGRAS-LINDSAY (IRGLM)

HISTORY OF INSTITUT DE RÉADAPTATION GINGRAS-LINDSAY-DE-MONTRÉAL

LINDSAY PAVILLON

1914

Founded by managers of the Loyola Literary and Art Club of the Loyola Convalescent Home located on Overdale Street in Montréal and equipped with 12 beds

1929

The pavilion moves to a residence on St-Marc Street equipped with 33 beds.

1933

Inauguration of a 104-bed pavilion on Hudson Road in Côte-des-Neiges built thanks to the generous contribution of Sir Charles W. Lindsay, a Montréal piano manufacturer. The establishment becomes the Montreal Convalescent Hospital.

1985

The establishment is recognized as a short-term care hospital by the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux du Québec.

1997

The establishment adopts the name Lindsay Rehabilitation Hospital in order to better represent its mandate and its vocation, in addition to paying homage to one of its major benefactors.

More than 100 years
of existence.

GINGRAS PAVILLON

1949

Founded by Dr. Gustave Gingras under the auspices of Rotary International and Société pour la réhabilitation des infirmes

1954

The establishment adopts the name Institut de réhabilitation de Montréal.

1957

Opening of a laboratory specializing in the manufacturing and adjustment of orthoses and prostheses. Less than one year later, students begin training there.

1962

The institute moves to a new building on Darlington Avenue that has 110 beds and an outpatient clinic.

1972

The institute becomes officially affiliated with Université de Montréal.

1976

The name Institut de réadaptation de Montréal is officially adopted.

2008

Merge of Institut de réadaptation de Montréal and the Lindsay Rehabilitation Hospital in order to create Institut de réadaptation Gingras-Lindsay-de-Montréal

To contact the Institut de réadaptation Gingras-Lindsay-de-Montréal’s installation, please call 514 340-2085.