LUCIE-BRUNEAU (CLRB)

HISTORY OF THE CENTRE DE
RÉADAPTATION LUCIE-BRUNEAU

1926

Lucie Bruneau advocates for the right of people with disabilities to enjoy a full life, whether with regard to work, recreational activities or housing. For more than 20 years, she makes every effort to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities.

1951

The first residents are welcomed at Maison Lucie-Bruneau (MLB). As group residences, service islands and initiatives to keep paraplegics and quadriplegics at home are emerging, MLB merges with Centre de réadaptation du Québec and expands its range of services, which leads to the creation of the Centre de réadaptation Lucie-Bruneau corporation.

1981 à 2000

Centre de réadaptation Lucie-Bruneau overhauls its programs and looks to the future by including research in the establishment’s official mission statement and by housing the head office of the metropolitan Montréal Centre de recherche interdisciplinaire en réadaptation (CRIR).

2001

The 75th anniversary of Lucie Bruneau’s achievements marks the beginning of a complete review of the organization plan. In addition to the creation of Fondation du Centre de réadaptation Lucie-Bruneau, new programs are implemented. The establishment earns awards of excellence from the Association des établissements de réadaptation en déficience physique du Québec (AERDPQ).

MORE THAN 90
YEARS OF EXISTENCE

To contact the Centre de réadaptation Lucie-Bruneau’s installation, please call 514 527-4527.